Submitting a Sample
How To Take And Submit A Sample
Don't forget to label each sample container with a unique name or code, matching the Sample Identification that you write on the Analysis Request Form. We will invoice you when we report your results.
How to submit samples
To submit your samples, follow these simple steps:
- Complete the analysis request form and include it in the parcel along with your samples.
- Ensure that each sample is clearly labeled with a unique and distinctive sample ID that matches the ID on the submission form, as well as a second unique identifier.
- You can either courier the samples to Analytica Laboratories at Ruakura Research Centre, Site E, 10 Bisley Road, Hamilton, 3214.
- Alternatively, you can drop off the samples at one of our two regional laboratory locations in Hamilton or Christchurch.
- For specific enquires contact our customer service team at email@example.com.
Sending samples from overseas
Analytica Laboratories is approved by the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) to receive overseas samples as a Transitional Facility under the Biosecurity Act 1993. It is important to include all relevant documentation when sending your samples to Analytica to minimise any risk of samples being delayed at the New Zealand border, or prevented from entering New Zealand.
For directions on how to send your samples to Analytica from overseas, please click the following link: Instructions for Sending Overseas Samples to Analytica Laboratories
Import Permits and Clearance Documents relevant to your sample type can be found below:
BIOLOGICAL PRODUCTS - includes milk and milk powder
SOIL, WATER AND PLANT MATTER - includes flower nectar
- Import Permit for Soil, Water and Plant Matter (click the link)
- Clearance Document for Soil, Water and Plant Matter (click the link)
SURFACE SWABS - include Drugs of Abuse (methamphetamine) samples
- Clearance Document for Surface Swabs (click the link)
- NOTE: Import Permit is not required for surface swab samples (non-biological)
An Import Permit and Clearance Document need to be printed for all biological samples. Surface Swab/Drugs of Abuse samples require a Clearance Document only. Documentation should be completed and attached to the outside of your courier consignment. Samples should be clearly labelled and firmly sealed. It is recommended that samples are double-bagged to prevent leakage.