Analytica Laboratories began developing innovative testing solutions in 2011, building on decades of prior experience that the founders had in commercial testing, research, and science based business.
Today, our strong team of over 150 technical and operational staff use world class equipment to deliver testing services that are faster, better, and cheaper than those available from other laboratories, with customer service that is widely regarded as being the best in the industry.
Our laboratory network is centred on our main facility in Hamilton (NZ) with regional laboratories in Auckland, Hawkes Bay, Wellington, Christchurch, and Dunedin.
Initially Analytica’s focus was on providing commercial R&D services. Over the 2013-2015 period we responded to urgent needs in the NZ dairy and honey industries, building a range of innovative new testing services which position Analytica as a leading testing supplier to these industries. Since 2016, Analytica has added environmental and occupational hygiene (methamphetamine and asbestos) testing.
We continue to find ways of supporting customers in new markets, and welcome the opportunity to discuss this with them. Our testing services typically offer radical improvements in speed, price, or service that transform the industries we are involved with.
We are ISO 17025 accredited by IANZ - our current scope of accreditation is always available on the IANZ website. This means that we are independently assessed to have skilled staff, using robust testing methods, to deliver results you can trust. We are also a part of the MPI Recognised Laboratory Programme, meaning our testing of honey and milk is used to verify the quality of goods being exported from New Zealand.
Analytica is a wholly-owned part of the HRL Holdings (ASX:HRL) group of companies, offering analytical testing and related services across Australasia.
Analytica’s success depends on having a great team of staff – who love working in our company, fit well with our team and company values, and who have the right knowledge and skills (or the ability to learn).
- Trustworthy - Trust is the foundation of Analytica. By working together, we build trust with our customers and peers.
- Engaged - We celebrate success, big or small, learn from our mistakes and proactively look to grow. We are proud to work for Analytica.
- Improving - We’re constantly looking for ways to do better, with a can-do attitude, innovative thinking, and teamwork. Better as a person, better as a team, better as a company.
- Learning - “Ko te manu e kai ana i te miro, nōna te ngahere. Ko te manu e kai ana i te mātauranga, nōna te Ao”. The bird who feeds on miro has the forest, The bird who feeds on knowledge has the world. We are eager to learn from our colleagues and customers, while sharing and applying our knowledge.
- Manaakitanga - We are supportive, show Aroha, work harmoniously, trust each other and have great communication.
Analytica's has contributed extensively in the commercial testing sector:
- Analytica created the 3-in-1 test for Manuka Honey
- Analytica developed the forecasting tool to see how your 3in1 results grow over time
- We identified the Leptosperin marker with funding provided by the UMFHA
- Analytica was chosen to carry out MPI’s Manuka authenticity research
- Analytica developed the C4 Screening Test
- Analytica was the first laboratory in New Zealand to test down to 0.004 mg/kg for Glyphosate.